The Good Neighbor Award for Excellence for Outstanding Community Service is a thirteen-year-old, retail industry based volunteer recognition program
• Award program began as part of former President Bush’s Thousand Points of Light
• Helps strengthen the link between stores and their communities
• Store managers or associates nominate employees and/or shoppers involved in volunteer activities like Special Olympics, foster parenting, food programs and educational activities.
• Distinguished Panel of Judges include Paul Newman - Newman’s Own, Tim Hammonds - President of FMI, Susan Ungaro - Editor in Chief of Family Circle Magazine, Ernie Allen - President, National Center for Mission and Exploited Children and Robbie Callaway - Senior Vice President of Boys & Girls Clubs of America
• Ten National and Regional winners are chosen and receive a variety of prizes including cash donations to their designated charities.
• All award winners receive a letter from the President of the United States in recognition of their volunteer work.
• All nominees receive a Certificate of Achievement.
• Recent national and regional winners have come from Albertson’s stores all over the country.